Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Darling - My Apple Tree

My Darling – My Apple Tree


Before my beloved “retired” and began driving truck I wrote this in my journal one morning.
Each morning I get up first, make a cup of coffee for my husband, go back to the bed and sit up snuggling him while he drinks it to wake up.  This morning, Jan. 19, 1989, as I stroked his head, I remembered over twenty-two years ago that same head with golden curls.  His head was in my lap now, but then, in my memory,  in the church before we met.   I admired those curls.  He was magnificent to behold!  As I hold him now, waking him to labor to support me and the children, I think how much love we have been blessed with.  I have had bushels more sweet apples in our twenty-two plus years than many people enjoy in a lifetime.  His hair is thinner, darker, and straighter now, and his pace is slower; but his character is stronger, his heart tenderer, his emotions more mature, his attentiveness sharper and quicker, his love for us all is deeper and greater.  His walk with God was evident when I met him, and proven true and pure now.  I am blessed.  Thank You, Lord for my husband, my ever-bearing “tree” of sweet apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment